31. "We decided to travel as an extended maternity leave when my husband got a new job as a teacher through an online school. I left my job as a Physician Assistant and am savoring the added time together as a family. Our goal of travel is to build a family foundation of openness, a desire for connectedness and a focus of collecting memories not things. It is also a promise for my husband and I to still cultivate our own dreams and feel our family will flourish as a result."
32. "We travel with our toddler son because it's FUN! Not always easy and definitely not always relaxing (like pre-baby vacays😜) BUT seeing the world through his eyes and watching him connect words and feelings to new situations and environments is worth it all! He brings out the inner-child in us and we get to do things we would've missed out on without him... like children's museums, aquariums, beautiful parks, building castles at the beach, watching trains, buses, planes, and trucks go by, and stopping to check out rocks or sticks on the ground and realizing the beauty of wherever we're at! I hope everyone gets the chance to travel with their baby and see the bond that it brings to the family!"
33. "We have always loved traveling and wanted to continue even after our daughter was born. We just did a month long trip in Europe with her and even though there were times where it wasn’t easy, it was an amazing experience to see things through her eyes. We look forward to making more memories in different parts of the world with our little cutie pie."
34. "I love traveling with my baby because it is so fascinating seeing the world through her eyes! Even though she can’t verbally express how she feels or what she thinks, I can see her mind rolling and it is incredible. Simple things turn into something entertaining even for us. For instance, when we went to Texas, the first time she saw a mule I walked her close to pet him but instead she leaned her head on him almost cuddling, it was unexpected and such a precious moment."
35. "Why do we travel with our baby? We want to instill a passion for travel in our son from an early age because travel can be such a powerful force for good, not only for the world at large but for us as individuals and as a family. Learning about the world first-hand has the power to remind us of the vastness, diversity, and beauty to be found if we take ourselves out of our comfort zone to find it.
Traveling with our baby allows us to experience this world together and gives us precious time to just be in the moment with one another. To us, no other experience can provide the unforgettable moments like travel can."
36. "Traveling is one of the most important things in my life, for me it's the meaning of life. My husband and I met for the first time after 8 years of distance relationship in Egypt and we started our first dates exploring Egypt and since then we did not stop traveling. I'm so excited to share this passion with my son. Traveling with a baby is so much fun, you build memories all over the world."
37. "A 6 month trip with our 2 year old started as a dream and has now became reality! Most people told us how brave we are and some people told us they do not understand why we are doing this with a little kid. But this is just an example of making your dream a reality instead of fearing what could go wrong. If Milou has an off day we plan a relax day. The first two weeks were already awesome. Seeing our daughter grow and teaching her by the things we explore is so great!"
38. "We have been traveling with Alice since she was two months old, besides getting to share these wonderful experiences with her- we also travel with her because her ticket is free! (Pictured is her last free trip since she is turning two tomorrow!! 😭) However we will continue to travel with her free or not, these memories we make are priceless!"
39. "A year ago, we quit our jobs, sold our house, and packed everything up to travel full time with our three toddlers. I'd like to say we travel with our 3 kids (3 and under) because they force us to slow down and really experience new places, or because their excitement for small, new things is thrilling or because our wacky kids make friends easily so new cities feel like home... And all that is true. But really we travel with them because our love of travel didn't end when we had kids, we want them to have the same sense of curiosity and adventure about the world. And also because we have another month of the twins flying free on our laps."
40. "Yes, I'll say it: traveling with our son is fun! You meet a lot of nice people because having a kid is a good ice breaker (you know when he waves at strangers on the street or plays directly with his neighbor on the plane).
We were travelers before and thought we would have to slow down when we learnt that our son had a heart defect. We thought he wouldn't be able to travel for quite some time but 2 days after our cardiologist said he was good to go, we were boarding on his first international flight, to France. He is the perfect example that babies affected by congenital heart diseases can just go on and explore like other kids. Traveling and discovering just the same! His Tetralogy Of Fallot was partially fixed with an open heart surgery when he was 3 months old and has been flying 30 times since then!
Why do we travel with him? To keep his mind, curiosity, imagination and heart open (pun intended)..."
41. "There's so many reasons why we travel with our babies. To show them different people and cultures and how we can find love, generosity and tolerance in so many different ways! But also to show them how big the world is, how many possibilities and dreams we can have and realise if we really want to!
And to spend precious moments of love and learning and playing together far away from the day to day stress!"
42. "There are many reasons I could give to justify traveling with my babies and young kids, but ultimately, I travel with them because I like to travel. ;-) Having kids doesn't mean the traveling has to stop. Even if they don't remember our travels, I'm sharing with them (and bonding with them over) a pastime that I love and am passionate about."
43. "I travel with my babies because I want them to have multicultural experiences. Also because I've always loved to travel so I'm sharing that passion with them so they can grow up with a curious mind."
44. "Well, we are travelling since Beatrice was 10 days old. Now Beatrice is 5 months old and we have been to Germany, Austria, Switzerland and a lot of wonderful cities in Italy, where we are living.
We are convinced that there is no limit for baby to discover the world, even if they have a few days of live.
We really love seeing Beatrice growing fast together with our knowledge of the world. We'd love to see all the entire countries of the world."
45. "There are many reasons I travel with my kids, but it is mainly to (1) see the sparkle in their eyes when they see something they love for the first time. Traveling does that. (2) I love that feeling when we come home from traveling, and everything about you changed but nothing changed at home. That sense of growth. I see that with our kids too. They seem that much more grown up and wiser from traveling. It's kind of like they went on a time machine and learned so much."
46. "I travel with my son to prove to myself that I can!
When I had him, I experienced an identity crisis that is fairly typical for new parents. In the midst of life with a baby, I needed something of my own to connect to. Travel had been a passion of mine for years before Jack was born and everything from researching and planning during nap time to actually embarking on the trip provided me with an escape. There are several benefits to bringing him along, but at the heart of it, I love merging my former self with my current self and seeing the world along the way."
47. "I travel with my baby because she deserves the world. She watches the most simple happenings with wonder and delight. She experiences things I know no toy could replace. She gains confidence in herself when she traverses a rocky hill, finds love when she picks wildflowers, and soothes her sadness when she lets the colors of the sunset dance on her skin."
48. "Traveling as a family gives us so much: time and space to create memories, an opportunity to meet new people, a chance to step out of our comfort zones and to learn about the world and ourselves. I hope that through traveling we are able to use our privilege to teach Hannah (and our new baby!) gratitude for what we have and to value experiences and time together more than anything else."
49. "We love traveling with her because we believe that shared experiences with your love ones are the best experiences! We travel to discover and discovering with someone so curious as our daughter is so much fun!"
50. "These two have been amazing to travel with! Peyton makes friends with all the local kids, people on holiday and also the animals 😂 Harman smiles at everyone and gives them all that gorgeous loving look, he's definitely the little charmer! We go hiking & swimming with ease! Although Peyton likes to walk the tracks herself sometimes which can be a little time consuming, the fact that she has the confidence to do so is overwhelming and makes me so proud. People gravitate to these two little babes 💕🌿 and I can't wait for more exploring with these two ❣️."
51. "I choose to travel with my baby because I can't leave without her! She's 9 months and traveled to 5 countries already (Melbourne, Bali, Japan, USA and even Mongolia.) There's so much to learn and see with every country you go to. From the people, to its culture and the environment. I cannot find a better way to expose my baby to the world other than bringing her along with me, creating irreplaceable memories together. :)"
52. "We started traveling with our son when he was very young, and we realized early on that he would make very powerful memories when he was experiencing something new. His mind became sharper and he became more creative, he would tell everyone stories about his travel adventures and soon he was talking more and more about it. Once we realized this we couldn't stop.
Unlike what some parents will say, traveling with a baby or infant is not easy, you need to get used to a different pace and get ready for some power struggles when your infant decides he wants to live on the beach and never ever go back home. It's these things that make some parents prefer the comfort and control of their home ground and avoid going to new places, but that's also why every parent should escape and realize that the only thing their child wants is to experience things as a family. And that maybe, just maybe all the packing-unpacking, the long drives and crying sessions, the stroller that weighs you down on that hill is part of your family history now, and without realizing you have created a strong family bond and understanding.
So please escape your couch :)"
53. "As a new parent, traveling with our son is not easy, but this our big boy is such good traveler.
We know he may not remember, but we will tell him when he sees this picture years later on.
Jonathan is 21 months old right now and he deserves to explore the world too..."
54. "We travel with our little one as we think that travel is rewarding whatever the age. It teaches children about the world and values such as curiosity, acceptance and free spiritedness. But most importantly, I think travel provides us with a quality of family time we don't get when surrounded by our daily life and chores."
55. "The first years are such a sleep deprived blur. Why not do something amazing that you will remember forever?! Now my youngest has just turned 2, it's the time we spent travelling together as a family that I remember most."
56. "I travel with my son because I love to watch him experience new things. In NYC we watched him lay back in wonder at the giant sky scrapers; in Mexico, he crawled around in sand for the first time with the most puzzled expression ever; and in Portland, he yelled with joy as we hiked through the beautiful, green mountains. I'll remember those moments forever, and one day, he'll get to see pictures of his young self experiencing all of those amazing places."
57. "We have been traveling with our kids around the U.S. in a school bus turned into a house for the past 1 1/2 years. Our youngest was born into a life of travel and the bus is the only home she's ever known! My husband and I love to travel and we wanted to share that with our kids. Through travel we wanted to teach them to be flexible, curious and adventurous. So far so good I think!!"
58. "We travel to give the kids a sense of belonging to the world. We believe that if from a young age they experience and see different places, people and cultures they will grow up with an innate sense that they are citizens of the world. They will realize that the world is this home and have a larger sense of responsibility. It seems like a lofty goal, but I honestly find that when kids are exposed to so much so early they don’t know any different. Their reality is a world that is diverse."
59. "I travel with my baby because I seriously love to travel and I want to show them the world. I travel with my baby because they are so portable. I travel with my baby because I want to continue to learn about this diverse world and begin introducing it to my littles."
60. "I travel with my baby because the experiences she has even before she can remember have a great impact on her. By age two, she had visited many of the world’s largest art collections. At three, she now walks around art galleries, holding my hand and discussing which paintings catch our attention. She has a deep appreciation and love of art that she probably would not have had if not for her wide exposure as a baby."
61. "So we can see the world! Just because you have a small child doesn't mean you have to put your life on hold. Plus, while traveling with a small child has definitely changed how we travel--there's a lot more time spent wandering in random parks and less time in museums--seeing the world through his eyes has allowed us to appreciate the places we go in a new way."
62. "I have worked in photography for the past 15 years working as an editor for celebrity portraiture. Currently living in LA but previously from the Northwest and Southern Mexico, traveling is second nature for me. So when I had a baby, I knew that wouldn't change. Now as a mom I use my passion for fun, color and photography chasing after my toddler wherever we may be in the world."
63. "Travelling with a baby is far from easy, but it is so worth it and we can't wait to show her more of the world! We took this picture in the middle of a 20+ hour travel day from Canada to Portugal. Overnight flight + a crying baby and no sleep for mom or dad = we swore we were never travelling again! But once we got to Portugal, we realized what a wonderful experience it was to travel with our daughter."
64. "I don't believe that having kids automatically means sacrificing the things I love to do; for me, it means that I have additional people to share my interests with! I used to be intimidated to travel with my daughter but found out quickly that it was an irrational fear and once I had my son, we didn't skip a beat. The best advice I can give for anyone apprehensive to travel with kids is to just get out and do it! Some of the best memories I have with my family are the ones we have made traveling!"
65. "I love to travel with my girl because she is my best companion since I knew I was pregnant. She is my lifetime partner."
RELATED ARTICLES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
Like this blog post? Pin it for later!